Photos of Our Painting and Repairs of my Dad's House near Dallas

Main Posts Background Image

Main Posts Background Image

14.8.10

Photos of Our Painting and Repairs of my Dad's House near Dallas


I'm sorry I didn't get these photos posted sooner, but we are really working hard and are so tired by the time we get back to my aunt's home that we just crash. It's hard to imagine being too tired to blog! But such is the case.

Here are some photos 'from the trenches' of our fun home renovation project.

Surely, Dad's house will sell after this and I can finish up my efforts as executor for Dad's estate. I'm praying that all this work will pay off.

The realtor will come to take new photos next week when we are all done. 

Termite damaged wall that I repaired with mud and am getting ready to texture.

BEFORE:  extensive termite damage


Floor repaired! Hurrah!  But you can see the damaged cabinet at the top of the photo. Carl..the carpentry wizard will be fixing that today.

This is the pipe that caused all the damage. It got fixed yesterday, but I don't have a photo yet.

My wonderful sister who found the damaged pipe and Mom, advising me on how to best renovate the bathroom.  What would I do without them? They will be meeting us this afternoon.


Everything you need to paint...especially Mountain Dew! (Jacob's drink of choice. :o)   Isn't the new carpet nice?


Well..that's all for now.  Stay tuned. I have a couple of FUN posts coming up...like our trip to the nail salon and a fun baby shower. If you have a baby shower coming up, be sure to check back. I'll have some great tips!

Happy Homemaking!


4 comments

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Donna! By the time you get done this you'll want nothing to do with painting and such at your house. Keep your head up! It won't last forever, soon it'll be a memory.

Shona Cole said...

Donna that is a whole bunch of work!!!! hopefully it will sell fast for you and you can put it behind you soon.
Shona

GlorV1 said...

Wow, lots of work Donna. It is always hard work to renovate a house. We did that with the house we had in San Jose. It sold back in July of last year but not after our back breaking tasks were done. Take a break now and then. Take care and have a great weekend.

Jill said...

These pictures bring back great memories for me.... LOL well just meaning I've been here a lot. Good luck with everything, looks like it's coming together nicely. Thank God for our wonderful families in times of need. :-) Get some rest and enjoy your weekend.
Blessings,
Jill

“There's nothing half so pleasant as coming home again.” ~ Margaret Sangster

Friends of Comin' Home

Thanks for visiting!

Search This Blog

Followers

Copyright Comin'Home 2020. Powered by Blogger.

Error 404

The page you were looking for, could not be found. You may have typed the address incorrectly or you may have used an outdated link.

Go to Homepage